Thursday 28 December, 2017
Image from Dilbert.com
- What can be done by one person in nine months can be done by nine people in one month – just like child birth
- Spending money is more expensive than spending time (that’ll make you lookup the reference from the below article!)
- “We want this, and that! We demand a share in that, and most of that! Some of this, and f’ing all of that! Less of that, and more of this, and f’ing plenty of this. And another thing, we want it now, I want it yesterday, I want f’ing more tomorrow, and the demands will all be changed then, so f’ing stay awake!” – source
- Choose the right tool for the job at hand
- In IT things can get worse forever (attribution: 1st year lecturer in Computer Systems Theory, Monash University, early 1990s)
- A plan is more of a guide than a tablet to be revered
- The evil triumvirate of good, fast and cheap – pick any two but only two.
We never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it over….. and over….. and over…..
I hear time and time again. Just get it done right now, we’ll fix it later. The problem is that later never comes, and the product is only “fixed” after a very expensive product recall. By then it is too late and significant market share has been lost as well as the reputation of the brand. Trying to save a few bucks in product development can cost millions in product recalls.